All papers are in pdf format, so you will need
Adobe Acrobat Reader to read them.
Chapters 1 and 2 from "Changing Minds: Computers, Learning,
and Literacy", A. diSessa. (2000)
- NOT FOR COPYING OR DISTRIBUTION IN ANY FORM.
- An account of computational media and new literacies. Available from
Twenty Reasons Why You Should Use Boxer (Instead of Logo)
- Especially for Logo folks, but also a general description of Boxer's
advances over other programming environments.
Open Toolsets: New Means and New Ends in Learning Mathematics and Science
- Boxer is especially good at tool building and tool sharing. Open
toolsets are a new paradigm of educational software that supports co-development
of materials and cultures.
A bibliography of Boxer Papers by grant number can be found in the
- New "Patterns Project" Papers:
- The Construction of Causal Schemes: Learning Mechanisms at the Knowledge Level
- Can Students Re-Invent Fundamental Scientific Principles?: Evaluating the Promise of New-Media Literacies
- Systemics of Learning for a Revised Pedagogical Agenda